Friday, November 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

There is a Christmas tree lot down the street from my house. It's been there for years. About this time of year I notice the lot gets mowed, the lights are repaired, and a little trailer appears. Shortly after the first load of trees arrive. There are several reasons why this makes me smile. First, I LOVE the smell of fir trees, second it means that Christmas is getting close, and third it's cool to drive by and watch people pick out trees and load them onto their cars. A couple of years ago Massy (my black lab) and I would walk through the lot just to look at the trees and enjoy the smell and the cold weather. I think the lady probably thought I was crazy, but oh well. And for the record, I am a plastic tree person 100%. We did a "live" tree once when I was in junior high and we all hated it. Yeah it smells good, but they're sticky and hurt to decorate. However, as long as it's not in my house, I think live trees are great. Or at least tree lots in my neighborhood are.

1 comment:

  1. How cool to have a tree lot that close to you. You describe all the enjoyment it brings - the smells, the joy of picking just the right one, the nearing of Christmas.... How very fortunate to enjoy the pleasures of the Christmas season in your own back yard!!

    ReplyDelete