Friday, January 21, 2011

A year in review

I can't believe how long it's been since I've written. Three days after my last post, my aunt died. Shortly after that, my cat was diagnosed with diabetes, then I began a 6 month travel extravaganza. Understandably, my writting time has been curtailed. I realized though how much I miss writing. I don't often get creative outlets and this silly little blog was very therapeutic. So, here I am writing again.
There were high points to the last year. Some things that made me smile...
1) going back to the town in Spain that I studied in while in college. I could still find all of our favorite haunts after 12 years!
2) traveling. I have been to Peru, Savannah, Austin, Spain, Johnson City, Iowa City, Oklahoma City (I think that's all the 'cities'), Washington DC, Shreveport, Houston...I think that's all. I think my favorite was Peru. it was beautiful. My favorite part was the herbal market. I could have spent a year there learning about all the plants and remedies.
3) my nieces and nephew. I officially have two nieces and a nephew. I get to babysit for all of them. They are wonderful and make me happy.
So that's all for now. I do have a post from Peru that I'll post about the herbal market. It was so awesome.
Type soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment